Sunday services begin at 11:00 AM
Ours is a welcoming church – a sanctuary and a beacon – where with love and mutual support we encourage one another in our spiritual journeys. With open hearts and minds, we rejoice in our diversity and are its beneficiaries.
We strive to provide an environment and program, which along with visionary leadership, shared ministry, and effective organizational structure, address the intellectual, emotional, aesthetic and spiritual needs of people of all ages. Our church is a shining presence of dynamic liberal religion in the community, dedicated to social justice and active in its pursuit.
Are you looking for a liberal religious community…
- Where everyone is welcome?
- With Religious Education for your children?
- Which encourages spiritual, moral, and intellectual growth?
- Which puts emphasis on personal responsibility rather than on sin and guilt?
- Where the interdependent web of life is respected?
If you answered “yes” to any question, visit the Unitarian Universalist Church of the Shenandoah Valley!
Our Unitarian Universalist Principles
There are seven principles which Unitarian Universalist congregations affirm and promote:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
6380 Valley Pike, Stephens City, VA 22655