Sunday services begin at 11:00 AM
The mission of the Unitarian Universalist Church of the Shenandoah Valley, Inc. is to build a community based on and committed to self-development, compassion, open communication and action.
- Our Community is defined by how we interact with each other, both within the congregation and with the larger society.
- Self-development is enabled by meeting the spiritual, intellectual, and social awareness needs of the congregation.
- We practice compassion by placing ourselves in the position of both other members of the congregation and of the larger society.
- We practice open communication by speaking openly and with respect, civility, and compassion.
- Action means we play active roles both within the congregation and wider community in fulfilling our self-development and compassion values.
Love is the spirit of this church;
The quest for truth is its sacrament.
To dwell together in peace,
To seek the truth in freedom, and
To help our neighbor;
To these ends we covenant one with another.
Voices of a Liberal Faith
The Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) has produced an exciting video titled Voices of a Liberal Faith — a 12-minute video that shares important background information and inspirational messages about Unitarian Universalism including our history, theology, worship experience, religious education, social justice, and inclusiveness.
Are you looking for a liberal religious community…
- Where everyone is welcome?
- With Religious Education for your children?
- Which encourages spiritual, moral, and intellectual growth?
- Which puts emphasis on personal responsibility rather than on sin and guilt?
- Where the interdependent web of life is respected?
If you answered “yes” to any question, visit the Unitarian Universalist Church of the Shenandoah Valley!
6380 Valley Pike, Stephens City, VA 22655