Auction & Bar-b-que
“Our most fun fundraiser!”
Saturday, April 14
Our annual UUCSV auction is the main fundraising event of the year and is a fun-filled evening of entertainment, socializing and sharing.
Our community members donate services, social events, gift certificates and goods for bidding. As we redeem our winnings throughout the year our connections to each other are strengthened and as a result our church community is strengthened.
So… volunteer, donate, bid, eat, and have a good time!
Donation Forms Accepted February 5 – March 18
April 1 – Silent Auction & Raffles Open
Saturday, April 14
5:00 pm – 6:00 pm Bar-b-que Dinner
6:30 pm Live Auction & Desserts
6:30 pm Silent Auction & Raffles Close
For more information contact Rebecca Allen
Auction items include items contributed by members, businesses and services.
Consider volunteering for the Auction Committee to make this gala event a highlight of the Church year. For more information contact Rebecca Allen.
- Due to limited space, we can only accept a maximum of five (5) auction items per household. Auction items should be high quality pieces; for smaller items consider combining several into an attractive gift basket.
- There is no limit to the number of services that can be donated. In fact, dinners and other social events are the most popular services in the Auction. Other good service ideas include handyman hours, rides to and from the airport, photography lessons, game nights, monthly cookies, bread, desserts for a year, weekly fresh eggs, etc.
- If you are offering an “event” such as a dinner or other activity for a group, we suggest specifying the date on the donation form. Scheduling later in the year can be a real headache.
Use your 250 word write-up to help sell your item. Here are some examples:
- Theme dinners, example: “A Cajun dinner at our home. Not for the faint of heart! A traditional Cajun meal featuring jambalaya with shrimp and Andouille sausage, spicy red beans and rice, and a Creole eggplant dish. Beignets for dessert? A selection of wines to complement the spice, and music from the Acadian tradition will heat up the evening.”
- Services, example: “Decide to get organized and bring a sense of control to your complicated, busy life. Get two hours of organizational services for your home or office with the help of a Professional Organizer. Sometimes it takes a professional’s perspective to get you back on track and help clear your clutter. Surround yourself in a peaceful, tranquil environment. Date and time to be arranged.”
- Personal service, example: “Kathleen will dog-sit a non-aggressive dog in her home for 2 – 3 days/nights. The dog must be able to get along with other dogs. A daily walk and lots of TLC are included.”
- Teaching a skill, example: “Learn to make fresh mozzarella cheese in less than one hour. You don’t need special equipment and the taste is amazing. Warning: can become addictive. Date by arrangement.”
- Homemade items, example: “No fragrance, homemade soap. It’s great for your skin and has all the glycerin in it that commercial soap makers remove. You won’t want to use anything else. “