Council on Committee meets on the second Wednesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. All are welcome.
FUNCTIONS OF THE COUNCIL ON COMMITTEES
- Function as a manager of church operations.
- Provide a liaison between church committees and the Board (even if Board Liaisons are reinstituted – a subject for Board discussion).
- Provide a forum for sharing significant information and needs among the leadership.
- Coordinate committee activities, encourage cooperation among committees, and promote a collegial (non-parochial) approach.
- Monitor committees’ current and future needs and staffing, and promote the recruitment of volunteers to adequately staff the committees.
- As a group, analyze the reasons for committee turnover and suggest solutions.
- Implement and disseminate Board policy to the committee leadership of the church.
- Encourage use of the church website by committees.
- Encourage use of UUA and JPD websites and listservs by committees.
- Create and maintain (with Administrator) the church calendar.
- Encourage committees to actively address the goals in the 5-Year Plan. (But this might be more effectively done by reinstituting Board Liaisons.