Covenant Groups are monthly gatherings with other UUs where we explore our views in an atmosphere of trust and commitment to honor each other’s personal experiences and confidences. Each small group (6 – 10) people will meet on a variety of days/locations. Whether you are a first-time participant or a returning one, we encourage you to join a covenant group!
Many Unitarian Universalists and other people of faith feel challenged by this moment in our nation’s history. The actions of political leaders are raising large moral questions. Many of us feel compelled to explore what our faith commitments and values require of us. Information is coming from every direction. We have learned that it is crucial to stay informed, yet not all sources are reliable. Others ask us to contact legislators, attend meetings, join in protests, engage in political conversations with friends and acquaintances, and take public action, sometimes for the first time ever. Many turn to our congregations and faith communities for help to clarify how our values call us to respond and to strengthen us to act.
2017-2018 – Covenant Group Topics
October: Why attend church?
November & December: Call to Vision
(UPDATED) 201711&12 CG Call to Vision
January & February: Call to Love
March & April: Call to Imagination
May: Saying Goodbye Well
June & July: Relationship in Action
Reminders About Covenant Groups
- This is not a therapy group. If a CG member is in emotional distress, he/she is encouraged to make an appointment with the minister, and/or seek a referral for professional counseling.
- Optionality-you may always “pass” at check-in. The groups are based on mutual sharing and there will be an expectation of sharing in the group, but you need never share things you are uncomfortable sharing.
- No cross talk during check-in. There will be a few minutes for further dialogue after all have checked in.
- Attendance-the group expects you to make every effort to attend each session, and to notify the facilitator if you are unable to come because of an emergency or illness.
- Punctuality-please arrive on time.
- Information may be shared with the DRE and/or minister in a case of pastoral care need.
- Information will be shared with DRE and/or minister or proper authorities if there is fear of physical harm to oneself or others.