Covenant Groups are monthly gatherings with other UUs where we explore our views in an atmosphere of trust and commitment to honor each other’s personal experiences and confidences. Each small group (6 – 10) people will meet on a variety of days/locations. Whether you are a first-time participant or a returning one, we encourage you to join a covenant group!
Reminders About Covenant Groups
- This is not a therapy group. If a CG member is in emotional distress, he/she is encouraged to make an appointment with the minister, and/or seek a referral for professional counseling.
- Optionality-you may always “pass” at check-in. The groups are based on mutual sharing and there will be an expectation of sharing in the group, but you need never share things you are uncomfortable sharing.
- No cross talk during check-in. There will be a few minutes for further dialogue after all have checked in.
- Attendance-the group expects you to make every effort to attend each session, and to notify the facilitator if you are unable to come because of an emergency or illness.
- Punctuality-please arrive on time.
- Information may be shared with the DRE and/or minister in a case of pastoral care need.
- Information will be shared with DRE and/or minister or proper authorities if there is fear of physical harm to oneself or others.
2016-2017 – Covenant Group Topics
Topics from Listening Hearts by Christne Robinson & Alicia Hawkins
November: Spiritual Garage Sale
January: Security, Serenity, Peace of Mind
February: Fair is Fair
March: Leap of Faith
April: Cultivating Ourselves
May: Mental Wellness
June: Going Somewhere?
July: Bucket Lists