What it is and How it Impacts our Community
Share the Plate is a Social Action funding mechanism that the Social Action and Justice committee initiated in October 2013. Instead of the committee deciding what organizations to support financially, Share the Plate allows the Congregation to choose which Social Action and Justice Organizations to support financially and determine the funding amount through Sunday contributions.
The goals of the Share the Plate program are:
- broaden UUCSV’s social justice initiatives;
- promote a heightened sense of awareness and generosity within the congregation;
- increase the surrounding communities’ awareness of UUCSV.
Share the Plate collections (non-pledge) will be split 50-50 between the recipient organization and the church.
Share the Plate Nomination Application
- Any individual, group or committee within UUCSV may propose a recipient of Share the Plate. The proposed recipient’s activities must be consistent with our UU principles.
- How can I nominate an organization for StP?
- It’s easy —- submit an application to the SAJ committee.
- Print the form below.
- We ask that the UUCSV sponsor of the proposed recipient be the primary liaison between SAJ and the organization.
- Complete form and place in SA&J mailbox outside church office.
Former Share the Plate Recipients:
July – UU Clean Water Fund – West Virginia Flood Relief
August – Barr Children’s Home
September – UUCBR Flood Fund (Baton Rouge Flood Relief
November – Henry and William Evans Home for Children
December – No Collection Taken
January – St. Boniface Haiti Relief
February – Concern Hotline
March – Minister’s Discretionary Fund
April – NVAS (Audubon)
May – Habitat for Humanity (Syrian Refugee Build)
June – Friends of the North Fork of the Shenandoah River